lundi 16 avril 2012

Trying young wings

Tonight I got the news that my 16 year grandson has been hired for his first summer job.  He will be aid monitor at the École Polytechnique de l'Université de Montréal's day camp where he has been a camper for several years now.
He also, with his driving instructor, drove on an autoroute for the first time today.  His comment:"100km/h is cool".
Big celebration to be held next Sunday.

9 commentaires:

  1. Ah, his first summer job! What advice are you going to give him?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I guess his mom and dad have already given him lots of advice. Perhaps, unless asked, I will abstain.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Brave lad. I got sideswiped near the expiry of my learner's permit, by a woman with dementia and a dead dog in the front seat of her bald-tired sedan, and refused to consider driving again till I was out of college.

    I hope they pay him well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Good for him. Being a day camp counselor is a great job ( I know, that was my first job too) for learning out to deal with lots of different ways of thinking. It's great fun as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I'll tell him of your support, Sled and Cheri. Thank You.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. The first summer job, and the first drive in a car. Two rites of passage in one week.

    I hope he has a wonderful summer! And that you ill enjoy it with him.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. He is following his compulsory driver training spread over two years. This was his first monitor supervised highway foray. He can drive when with an adult with a valid driver licence but not alone before 18.
    As for summer, we will see him as often as he and his family are available and we are around.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. sounds like a 16 year old boy's dream summer. bonne chance to him!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Thank you Amanda, I will transmit.

    RépondreSupprimer