mardi 3 septembre 2013

Are you tired of being lied to?

I have been silent for some time now.  I was very busy sorting out all the contradictory and devious informations being fed to me by mass medias all more or less voicing what their corporate or state masters were dictating them.  Do, so called, independant journalists exist?  And if so, where are they published?  I have read or known about no outlet that does not have a left or right agenda; nothing straight down the middle giving both sides of a story and chasing the straight facts as much as they can be accessed.

Obama vs Putin, Hollande caught in between and Cameron handcuffed by his own parliament.  (Wish ours could to the same to our Harper).  Even our Québec gpvernment wants to review how Québec's history is being taught:  not enough  about the Québec nation is being said, they say...worrysome indeed.  In Syria, what to do about Assad, the Alawites, Al Nusra, Hesbollah and assorted groups fighting it out, are there any Syrians involved in there?  Count the dead, the millions or so refugees all over the neighbouring countries, are there any Syrians left?

Heck, I'm not even sure it's me writing this post.

10 commentaires:

  1. In war, Truth is always the first casualty.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Unfortunately, Christopher, not only in war but also in current affairs such as contract awarding, promoting political agendas, etc... The numerical age causes infos to move very fast, without, often, any fact checking and the ball starts rolling. One newspaper cites another as a source, and is in turn cited; after three iterations, the news becomes absolute truth even if false to begin with.
      It happened with Iraq, could happen with Syria even though some "credible" politician dangles a vial in the U.N.

      Supprimer
  2. Goodness! We are in for some truth bending, no matter who speaks out.
    Yes, refugees from all wars and uprising are roaming the earth, trying to teach us something important.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I was beginning to think I should inquire after you, Paul, the silence has been so long. I am relieved to see you post.

    And I am dismayed and baffled at the Obama that I helped elect twice, telling me that we must (with some share of my tax money) bomb Syria in some unspecified way to keep America from looking weak. More of the innocent than the guilty always suffer in these operations.

    Of course we will never know what amount of "brinkmanship" is involved here. Now Russia is saying they will lean on Syria to destroy their chemical weapons. Why was this not called for ages ago? Better late than never, but I am just tired, tired of people accepting so much cruelty for reasons no one can seem to really explain. Is there anything important enough to be worth all this suffering?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. One simple answer: NO!!!!!
      Both our countries are presently controlled by big oil and the arms traders. Obama has been eaten whole by those poweful lobbies and made totally impotent by the Congress the U.S.Aers have elected...and our Harper is at their service. Will we ever learn?

      Supprimer
  4. Paul, So good to see you posting again!

    I agree, I feel very confused about all the reportage coming out of Syria. How do we know who is doing what? Can you imagine how terrible it must be for those who live in that country - how do they know who or what to believe? The government is doing terrible things, but how do we know that the rebel groups fighting for control will do a better job?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Amanda, I just saw your comment, I came back from the Mediterranean yesterday. While visiting Pompei and it's ruins, guided by an archaelogist, I thought of you doing that work.
      About Syria, you are quite right; we have no way of knowing who does what. Even more worrysome is the fact that, seemingly, many fighters are not even Syrians, wether goverment or rebel fighters.

      Supprimer
  5. Nice to see you're still blogging.

    I hope to get my family to Rome/Pompei in March. Would be my 2nd visit to Rome and 5th to Italy/France.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I was in Pompeii last September with my wife and daughters. Quite impressive.

      Supprimer