mardi 25 août 2009

Head in the clouds

I have always been fascinated by clouds. Not in any scientific or meteorological way but the sheer poetry and fantasy potential they have. Last week being a rather cloudy week where we were traveling I took some pictures of cloud formations that struck my fancy. I can't resist sharing them with you hoping they will wake your fancies also.







Hope you enjoy!

11 commentaires:

  1. Great pictures. I love all the different moods and different cloud patterns.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yes, clouds are books waiting to be read by those who can.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I've always liked clouds, especially at sunset, with all their red, orange and pink colours. I also love stormy clouds and storms in general, since here they are not that dangerous. I used to look into their shapes in search of fantasy patterns when I was much younger. Now I mostly concentrate on their emotional effect.
    Num 3 and 5 are my favourite ones.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Number 3 is between despair and hope. Number 5 is a sunrise over a sand bar halfway across the St-Laurent (about 30Km wide at that place) between St-Siméon and Rivière-du-loup on the lower St-Laurent valley, not far from the estuary where it reaches almost 50 Km wide..

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. All those delicieux French names .... Rivière-du-loup, especially.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Despair and hope? Urgh. And num 5 is not a sunset. In fact they are identical. But I prefer sunsets.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Number 5 was taken at 5:30AM. Despair and hope relate to the colors from dark to blue, not to my mood when I took the picture. Strictly interpretive.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Paul, a few weeks ago I finally receive the Saudi Aramco World magazine. Thanks for the tip, it is very good. But I don't understand why it took so long.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. For one thing Saudi Aramco is published evry two months, so...I'm glad you enjoy it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Clouds are always so interesting. While you're a good photographer, I find that pictures never seem to do justice to the cloud formations themselves.

    Thank you for sharing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Hello Rob-Bear, thanks for your appreciation. I agree the original clouds were more vivid. The human eye is more accurate than most cameras.
    If you like photo I suggest you have a look a pickapeckofpixels. You have the link on the left side of this blog.

    RépondreSupprimer